Atlas API 571 Training Course: Corrosion and Materials
Online training for the API 571 Exam: Corrosion and Materials
Why Atlas Online API Training?
- 48 hour money back guarantee eliminates your risk
- 120 day course access provides extended preparation time
- AWS Accredited for 30 hours toward the CWI 9-year renewal, CWB Renewal and for Professional Engineers
- Quiz question banks provide exam type questions
- Timed/simulated exams prepare you for the real thing
- Instructor support is available when you need help
- Online convenience lets you set your own schedule and study at your own pace
- Pass on your first try or take the course again for free
Overview of the API 571 Exam Prep Course Material
The specialized API 571 Corrosion and Materials Certification is for engineers, inspectors, and industry professional that want a certification that demonstrates a knowledge of damage mechanisms seen in the refining, petrochemical, pulp, and paper industries. This knowledge of damage mechanisms and proper identification is step one in maintaining safe and reliable equipment. Quality assurance inspectors need to be well versed in the API 571 in order to apply API 510, API 570, API 653, API 580, API 581, and API 579 codes. An understanding of damage mechanisms is necessary when evaluating the remaining life of equipment.
The damage mechanisms covered in the API 571 course material are common to several industries including pulp and paper, refining and petrochemical, and fossil utility. The Atlas API 571 online training course will provide you with the necessary knowledge to pass the exam the first time.
Below are some of the damage mechanisms covered:
Sulfide stress corrosion cracking
Polythionic acid stress corrosion cracking
Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI)
Sulfuric acid corrosion
Wet H2S cracking
Phosphoric acid corrosion
Dissimilar metal weld (DMW) cracking
Chloride stress corrosion cracking
Notice and Disclaimer for API training students:
This does not register you for the examination. You will have to register separately at API's website. If you have not already registered for the exam, you need to download an application from the API website listed here.