API 580 Online Course
- 48 hour money back guarantee.Money Back GuaranteeWe feel so confident that you will be satisfied with your purchase of this online exam preparation course that we are offering a 48 hour (no questions asked) money back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the course just contact Atlas within 48 hours of your purchase and we will gladly refund the purchase price of the course.
- 20 Hours of Online Prep
- Advance Your Credentials
- Risk Based Inspection Certification
API welcomes highly specialized inspectors, engineers, other professionals across the entire petrochemical industry to obtain the API 580 Risk Based Inspection certification as a validation of their profound knowledge of Risked Based Inspection (RBI).
RBI has quickly become one of the industry’s premiere instruments and preferred methods of inspection. The API 580 certification will add significant value to your professional credentials, demonstrating to your employers and clients that you have obtained a high level of proficiency and understanding in this very important field.
API 580 certification is valid for a three-year term.
Current API 510, 570 or 653 certification holders automatically qualify to take the API 580 Risk Based Inspection certification exam.
If you do not hold a current API 510, 570 or 653 certification, then qualification is based on a combination of your level of education and industry experience acquired within the last 10 years.
Prior to submitting an application, please use the table below to determine if you qualify to take the API 580 exam. The minimum experience required MUST be documented on your application.
The API 580 Risk Based Inspection certification exam tests the individual’s knowledge and expertise in the field of Risk Based Inspection.
Questions on the 2017 examinations will be based on API Recommended Practice 580 Risk-Based Inspection, 3rd Edition 2016.
You might also be interested in:
- Terms and Definitions
- Basic risk Assessment Concepts
- Introduction to Risk Based Inspection (RBI)
- Planning the RBI Assessment
- Data, Information Collection for RBI
- Damage Mechanisms
- Assessing POF
- Assessing COF
- Risk Determination
- Risk Management with Inspection
- Other Risk Mitigation Activities
- Reassessment and RBI
- Roles, Responsibilities, Training, and Qualifications
- Documentation and Record Keeping
- RBI Pitfalls
- Exam - Practice
- The API 580 exam is 4 hours long.
- There are 70 questions, all multiple-choice and closed-book. Paper and reference materials are not allowed into the examinations.
- This examination has a set passing point of 70%, or 49 correct answers.
Are you qualified to take the API 580 exam?
As outlined in the Annex A of the Standard, the qualification requirements for API 570 Piping inspector certification are based on the combination of education and experience related to in-service metallic piping systems. This experience must have been acquired within the last 10 years while employed by, or under contract with, an authorized inspection agency as defined in API 570.
Prior to submitting an application, please use the table below to determine if you qualify to take the API 570 exam:
|Education||Years of Experience||Experience Required|
|BS or higher in engineering or technology||1 year||Any experience in the petrochemical industry|
|2-year degree or certificate in engineering or technology||2 years||Any experience in the petrochemical industry|
|High school diploma or equivalent||3 years||Any experience in the petrochemical industry|
|No formal education||5 or more years||Any experience in the petrochemical industry|
Notice and Disclaimer for API training students:
This does not register you for the examination. You will have to register separately at API's website. If you have not already registered for the exam, you need to download an application from the API website listed here.