Atlas API 580 Training Course: Risk Based Inspection
Online training for the API 580 Exam: Risk Based Inspection
Why Atlas Online API Training?
- 48 hour money back guarantee eliminates your risk
- 120 day course access provides extended preparation time
- Audio Flashcards let you train while driving or relaxing
- AWS Accredited for 20 hours toward the CWI 9-year renewal, CWB Renewal and for Professional Engineers
- Quiz question banks provide exam type questions
- Over 95% Pass Rate for students who complete the course
- Timed/simulated exams prepare you for the real thing
- Instructor support is available when you need help
- Online convenience lets you set your own schedule and study at your own pace
- Pass on your first try or take the course again for free
API 580 Pass Rate
Over 95% of our online training students pass the API 580 Risk Based Inspection Exam. Our online training material is designed to maximize your exam prep efficiency and help you pass the test on the first try.
Overview of the API 580 Course Material
API welcomes highly specialized inspectors, engineers, other professionals across the entire petrochemical industry to obtain the API 580 Risk Based Inspection certification as a validation of their profound knowledge of Risked Based Inspection (RBI).
RBI has quickly become one of the industry’s premiere instruments and preferred methods of inspection. The API 580 certification will add significant value to your professional credentials, demonstrating to your employers and clients that you have obtained a high level of proficiency and understanding in this very important field.
API 580 certification is valid for a three-year term.
Current API 510, 570 or 653 certification holders automatically qualify to take the API 580 Risk Based Inspection certification exam.
If you do not hold a current API 510, 570 or 653 certification, then qualification is based on a combination of your level of education and industry experience acquired within the last 10 years.
Prior to submitting an application, please use the table below to determine if you qualify to take the API 580 exam. The minimum experience required MUST be documented on your application.
The API 580 Risk Based Inspection certification exam tests the individual’s knowledge and expertise in the field of Risk Based Inspection.
Questions on the 2017 examinations will be based on API Recommended Practice 580 Risk-Based Inspection, 3rd Edition 2016.
- The API 580 exam is 4 hours long.
- There are 70 questions, all multiple-choice and closed-book. Paper and reference materials are not allowed into the examinations.
- This examination has a set passing point of 70%, or 49 correct answers.
API 580 Body of Knowledge, Effectivity Sheet, and Schedule can all be found here.
Are you qualified to take the API 580 exam?
Prior to submitting an application, please use the table below to determine if you qualify to take the API 580 exam:
|Education||Years of Experience||Experience Required|
|BS or higher in engineering or technology||1 year||Any experience in the petrochemical industry|
|2-year degree or certificate in engineering or technology||2 years||Any experience in the petrochemical industry|
|High school diploma or equivalent||3 years||Any experience in the petrochemical industry|
|No formal education||5 or more years||Any experience in the petrochemical industry|
Notice and Disclaimer for API training students:
This does not register you for the examination. You will have to register separately at API's website. If you have not already registered for the exam, you need to download an application from the API website listed here.