Online AWS D17.1 Exam Prep Course
Online training for the AWS D17.1 Exam
Why Atlas CWI Training?
- 48 hour money back guarantee eliminates your risk
- 120 day course access provides extended preparation time
- Audio Flashcards let you train while driving or relaxing
- Quiz question banks provide exam type questions
- Timed/simulated exams prepare you for the real thing
- Professionally developed courses are created and reviewed by field experts
- Instructor support is available when you need help
- Online convenience lets you set your own schedule and study at your own pace
- Pass on your first try or take the course again for free
AWS D17.1 Online Training Course
This exam prep course will familiarize the student with the general welding requirements for welding aircraft and space hardware. It includes but is not limited to the fusion welding of aluminum-based, magnesium-based, iron-based, cobalt-based, nickel-based, and titanium-based alloys using electric arc and high energy beam processes.
AWS D17.1/D17.1M:2017 contains guidelines for fusion welding and examination of aerospace flight hardware, as well as the welding and inspection of non-flight hardware. When the AWS D17.1 specification is stipulated in contract documents, conformance with all provisions of the specification is required.
The document is broken up into 9 main clauses, with the earliest ones being devoted to general guidance, references, and background information, while the remainder address the design of welded connections, qualification for welding procedures and the welders performing them, fabrication when welding aerospace hardware, inspection, the repair of existing structures and nonflight hardware.